NOTICE OF EXTRA ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Sazgar Engineering Works Limited will be held at Four Seasons Banquet Hall, Lala Zar Commercial Market, 0.5 KM – Main Raiwind Road, Thokar Niaz Baig, Lahore on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 10:30 A.M. to transact the following businesses:
1. To confirm the minutes of 22nd Annual General Meeting of the company.
2. To elect the directors of the company for a period of three years as required under section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The Board has fixed the number of Directors to be elected in their meeting at seven (7). The name of the retiring directors are given below:
1. Mian Asad Hameed 2. Mian Zafar Hameed
3. Saeed Iqbal Khan 4. Mian Muhammad Ali Hameed
5. Mrs. Saira Hameed 6. Mrs. Sana Suleyman
7. Mrs. Amina Hamza Wazir
Any person who seeks to contest an election to the office of Director shall file with the Company at its registered office a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election not later than 14 days before the date of Extra Ordinary General Meeting. The consent should accompany the relevant declarations as required under the “Code of Corporate Governance.”
3.To transact any other business with the permission of Chairman.
By the order of the BoardLahore February 25, 2014. Arshad Mahmood) (Company Secretary)
a. The share transfer books of the company will remain closed from March 12, 2014 to March 18, 2014 (both days inclusive ).
b. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend the meeting and vote for his/her behalf. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the company duly stamped and signed not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
c. Members are requested to promptly communicate change in their addresses, if any.
CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan for attending the meeting and appointment of proxies.